Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Kings Speech, Indian Food, Biking... and the Frida School of Spanish..

 Hello, so I have a few things to talk about..

First of all.. The king’s Speech, I really do think this is my favorite movie.  We went to see it on Friday night, me for the second time, and I loved it even more than the first time. Apart from the fact that Collin Firth is what all women wish to have when they turn 40, he is such an excellent actor and his stutter was so believable, strangely adorable… Jose did quite a good impression, so good that even though I was in a really bad mood when he did, I had to laugh.

I want to quickly mention one of my favorite restaurants here in Mexico city, well it’s Indian food so I must have found it haha but it’s called Tandoor… really nice place and great food… and even though right now I’m not eating meat its surprising how much you can find on a menu that’s not meat… unless it’s Mexican.
On Sunday, instead of being lazy, we rented bikes and joined the rest of the Mexico City-ites and biked around Reforma. We actually biked from the Angel to the Zocalo and It was great, and I’m not much of a ‘bike’ person. It was sunny and warm, and even though we both burnt our arms we had a really nice day!
Something new.. I have joined the Frida School of Spanish, mainly because of the name… but also because I think I need more conversation practice / something to do. I went today, and I felt nervous like on your first day of high school. I couldn’t find the front door, and then when I did I couldn’t find the doorbell until a security guard came out and rescued me from my confusion. I had t do a test with some other people, two German boys couldn’t stop talking the whole through, which was miiiidly irritating but i managed to silence them out. I got placed in advanced class…. I think it has been the biggest achievement in my life… quite sad really but I felt all excited inside and swooned across the room as they announced it.  I have signed up for 4 weeks for 4 hours a day so I hope I can really improve my Spanish. I went to my class and there are 5 of us. A guy from Brazil (if you speak Portuguese do you really need to take Spanish classes? he seemed to master the whole language in the space in 4 hours, a girl from Germany who is half Greek and so beautiful, and she had really nice makeup on so I kept staring… I’m sure she won’t want to hang out with me, a girl from Ottawa… and believe it or not, a girl from North Vancouver, who graduated form Hansworth… I hate to say it… but it really is a small world. 
Also, as i blogged last week, i have given up meat for Lent.. and then depending I will decide how i feel about eating meat after that. Today in class... i told my first meat lie.... the teacher asked if anyone was vegetarian and I was like... me... me, I'm vegetarian... and i was the only one... and i knew it wasn't completey true... but i really couldn't find the Spanish to say... i'm a temporary/undecided vegetarian... didn't really seem worth the effort!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you are blogging again, I can add it to my list to check! Had some Italian wedding soup the other night on your recommendation... Really great - I wonder if they make a vegetarian version?! haha anyway am jealous of you in Mexico and your Spanish classes. Say hello to Jose!

    - Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola my little lala - you are so funny I love reading your blogs I think you could easily turn all this into a novel one day, and then I could play your mum in the movie - for a small fee of course!! love you, mum xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have 2 followers.... very exciting. lauren I'm glad you liked the italian wedding soup.. and if they do have a veggie version i would be sure to purchase it. Glad you are enjoying the blog again, i feel like it is full swing again. Im excited about blogging about the Shakira concert this weekend! take care xxxxxx
    p.s love you mummykins

    ReplyDelete