Leanne in Mexico City

Leanne in Mexico City

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday - midweek stuff





Hola Hope you having a good week :-) I think it's gone so quickly! I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow. Anyway I finished covering classes for Jocelyn yesterday, and I get my own classes next week and tomorrow is pay day, first Mexican pay cheque so all in all the job is going well. I am really excited to have my own groups so I can teach in my own style, which includes lots of pictures on the white board and acting out things, yesterday I was trying to explain the verb "to break out" and the only way was to act like an animal breaking out of the zoo... they got it though! Yesterday Jose and I went to a concert that a radio station put on. It's a really popular station called Los 40 Principales, and they had some bands there. We got to see a band called Jotdog, which I really like and then we say 2 guys from Venezuela called Chino and Nacho. They were very reggaeton/latin they are apparently quite famous and I recognized the last song, I liked them though. We went with 2 of Jose's work friends and then afterwards we went for some food..not quite street food more like vendor food haha Today I didn't have a lot to do. I slept in which was sooooo nice, I got up cleaned a bit, showered, then went to the school to give the lesson plans back to jocelyn. I then went to Starbucks and had an Americano and I read 100 pages of my book "The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Nighttime" i absolutely love it, I read half of it for a class when I was in Capilano College a few years ago but I want to read it again. The boy in the story is the most interesting character and i love the way he turns everything into logic, if you haven't read it you must. I was in their for about 2 hours, It was really nice and i had a big comfy chair. Only bad thing was there was a car crash on Reforma, i heard the screeeeeeeech of the breaks then thud.. it wasn't very bad, it was between a taxi and another car, it was hard to see form where I was but no ambulances or police came so I think the cars were just a bit crunched up. Anyway Now I am here in my apartment sitting by the from door so I can get good internet connection. I am going to make some food and then we are going to the gym :-) Okies speak soon! xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad its payday for you. Hope you ok you look so lovely in the photos. love you mum xxx

    ReplyDelete